I love to send cards! Birthday, Christmas, Easter, Thank you cards or cards just to say "Hi!". For Christmas alone last year I spent $40 in stamps and another $25 for the cards. Last year based on a tip from a "green-minded" friend I purchased an e-card subscription. This is super easy and a real time and money saver for me. No more spending $2-$5 plus stamp on cards, remembering to make the trip to the store in advance and standing in the aisle agonizing over the perfect one. Now I rarely use paper cards and only have a few inexpensive ones on hand for mainly birthday parties the kids attend.
My e-card subscription is with Hallmark.com and I spend $12 a year. Hallmark has a reminder and address book service, lots of great selection and customizable cards and let's you save 15% off other Hallmark products.
Cost Savings: $259
Per year I sent at a minimum 100 cards before my e-card subscription. At a price of $2 a card that is $200 savings and $59 in Stamps for 2010.
I wonder how many trees my e-card subscription saves every year. Hmmmm...
2 comments:
Wowsa..that is a lot of cards! Just yesterday I opened the card that you, Pierre and Gabe recorded a Bday message to me. Do they have voice recordings on the ecards yet I wonder? :-)
Great idea! I am going to send a suggestion to Hallmark! That would be great.
Post a Comment